Sunday, October 23, 2011

Desperation


In the spirit of Halloween, I started reading the book Desperation by Stephen King.  As of right now, the book is about a crazy, homicidal cop who keeps abducting people off of Highway 50 the “loneliest highway in America.”  So far the body count is up to two people:  one adult male, and one little girl.  Stephen King is one of the most creative, weird, and depraved authors I have ever read.  Unlike To Kill a Mockingbird, I don’t see any life lessons coming from this book.  The other night I was driving in Wichita and I saw a cop who had pulled someone over.  I was terrified and glad it wasn’t me.  Knowing Stephen King, there will be many twists and turns along the way, and I am very excited to discover what they are. 

Reading log:  Monday:  9:15 pm - 10 pm
Wednesday:  10 pm - 11 pm
Saturday:  2 pm - 2:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment