Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sad Cypress Part II

I finished the Agatha Christie novel early this week.  I must say that I could not figure out the ending.  It took me by surprise.  She left subtle clues all throughout the book; however, I have to say that none of my predictions were correct.  Not only was the story itself an interesting read but also the way she told the story was interesting.  I look forward to reading my next Agatha Christie novel.  I also began  a new Dean Koontz book this week.  It's called False Memory.  Its about two women who suddenly develop serious disorders.  One develops agoraphobia (fear of open spaces) suddenly, and the other develops a rare form of autophobia (fear of oneself).  She starts showing symptoms by being deathly afraid of her shadow, and then being deathly afraid of looking in the mirror.  These symptoms come suddenly and randomly.  These two women know they are being completely irrational, but it does not ease their absolute terror.  I cannot imagine being trapped in a situation like that.  I cannot imagine knowing that you are being completely irrational but being completely helpless about it.  I am terrified of heights; however, I am not so irrationally terrified that I cannot talk myself into overcoming that fear.  I do this as often as I can, but it does not become any easier. 

Monday:  10 am - 11 am
Tuesday:  9 pm - 10 pm
Wednesday:  9 pm -  10 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment